Welcome to Carmi! Over 200 years ago, settlers began carving homes out of the wilderness of what was to become Carmi, on the banks of the Little Wabash River in southern Illinois. In the nearly 200 years since the official founding of Carmi, we’ve grown and weathered the changing times with energy, innovation and the perseverance of our people. We hope you’ll consider joining us – in business, as a citizen or as a visitor. If you get to know us we believe you’ll find that in Carmi, you can make a difference.
- Chamber Seeking Nominations for Citizen of the Year and Large and Small Business of the Year
- It’s a White County Christmas Planning Meeting Set
- Bicentennial Meeting Set for July 22, 2014
- Chamber Welcomes New Member During July Meeting
- Independence Day Festivities to bring Fireworks, Car Show to Carmi